Sunday, February 14, 2010

An Incredible Workshop

I and several of my friends, including my dear colleague Fran Gardner, attended a week long workshop with our gifted art coach, Steve Aimone, at the Atlantic Center for the Arts this past week. It concluded yesterday afternoon. All of us experienced a productive week and explored the parameters of our art-making. In this nurturing, honest and intense workshop, we produced some incredible art.
I decided to try out automatic drawing as a springboard for non-objective abstracting and as a tool for trouble-shooting work in progress. The results were quite rewarding for me. Steve shared other, useful tools for starting and completing abstract work.

After my first good night's sleep in a week, I'm ready for another coaching session!

1 comment:

phyllis thomas said...

whoo hoo! You are on the spot, already posting from yesterday. I'm still recovering. I love this piece. What an incredible week of art-making. Thanks for encouraging me to participate. What wonderful people. Look forward to your upcoming show with Fran.